Dear GlobalBarrel.com readers,
Some upcoming events I’ll attend and post here:
1. I’m invited to speak at the “12th 2BS Forum, one of the leading politico-security conferences in Southeast Europe, organized by the Atlantic Council of Montenegro.” So I’ll be in Budva from 6-9 October. Ukrainian President Zelensky will deliver a keynote video speech from Kyiv. My Panel is 8 August 2022, 14.45 – 15.15:
The Climate-Energy Security Nexus, with speakers:
- Thomas W. O’DONNELL, Energy & Geopolitical Expert
- Alan RILEY, Nonresident Senior Fellow, Professor, City Law School, Global Energy Center, Atlantic Council ONLINE SPEAKER TBC
- Moderator: Jasmina KOS, Presenter and Reporter, Al Jazeera Balkans
2. I’m also invited to speak at
- The 9th Annual Gulf & Arabian Peninsula Studies Forum, for which I will be in Doha, Qatar from 21-24 October. The conference title is: “Implications of the Ukraine crisis and regional and international competition for the future of security and energy in the Gulf region.”
- The My topic will be the transformation of the German (and EU) relationship with the GCC states in energy and security matters since the Russian aggression against Ukraine and the parallel Kremlin energy war against Europe.
I plan to post on the content of these conferences and my contributions, and to try to post more of my media interviews – when they may be of use.
PS regarding recent (non-)posts:
As I’ve had one or two interviews every day for most of the past month, it became impossible to post all of them here. Some are repetitive; but mainly I haven’t had time. However, I want to post more often post understandings/data/analysis of the present energy war in Europe and other energy and geopolitical topics.
I also often post comments and replies on Twitter (@twodtwod) and especially on LinkedIn, where experts exchange often-valuable insights.
Meanwhile, I put every media interview on on my YouTube channel here. Some are in English, many in other languages; however I can’t post the English audio track there as I can here.
Best, Tom O’D. in Berlin